New Update From Elders
It is very exciting to have unity within the congregation again as we feel it is the right time to go back to one service and Bible study on Sunday morning. Everyone will remain in the auditorium as we will not be offering individual classes at this time. Please note the times of services as there are changes:
➢ Sunday mornings: Bible Study at 9:00 and Worship at 10:00
➢ Sunday evening worship at 6:00
➢ Wednesday Evening Bible Study at 6:30PM
We look forward to seeing everyone together again. We ask that you continue to exercise social distancing and take proper actions to prevent the spread of illnesses. All seating will be open, but we would like for everyone to spread out as much as possible while families remain together. Children should remain with you at all times. We will continue to deep clean and sanitize especially during this time. We must all work together to keep each other healthy and reduce the spread of germs.
If you have any questions or concerns, please express them to the elders.
We must remember to have a greater faith than fear and God remains in control. We are looking forward to seeing you Sunday!
The Mt. Pleasant Eldership
Sunday & Wednesday Evening Services To Resume
Greetings! As we strive for our church family to assemble as normal, we feel it is the proper time to begin evening services again. We will be assembling Sunday evenings at 6 pm beginning June 14. We will be assembling Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pmbeginning June 17. For now, all assemblies will be limited to the auditorium. Also, the two services on Sunday morning at 8:30 am and 10:30 am will continue at this time but subject to change in the near future. We will be continuing at all services to promote safety and encourage you to use your best judgment based upon the situation of you and your family.
Thank you for your patience as we have tried to work through this trying time. The eldership appreciates all your words of support and encouragement and we encourage you to call on us if you need anything.
Mt. Pleasant Elders
June 7th Worship Link
Worship- May 31, 2020
Worship May 24th
Bible Lands 8a
Bible Lands 8B
YOU are invited to Mt. P’s Graduate Recognition
Join us as we wish our Graduates well...
We will have a Graduate Recognition on Friday, June 5 at 7 pm. We will celebrate safely by social distancing in the parking lot. You will have the opportunity to visit the grad's special table, watch a slideshow, eat and socialize from your vehicle or the pavilion.
If you or your child is graduating, please let Chris or Melissa Young know so we can recognize them appropriately.
In-person Service Guidelines
May 17, 2020
We are looking forward to safely assembling again! We will have in-person and on-line worship services beginning May 24, 2020. As the Elders of this congregation, we would like to implement guidelines to promote health and safety and ask for your support and cooperation.
What we are doing to help:
- Offering 2 services: To properly abide by state requirements regarding capacity limitations, we will be hosting two Sunday morning services: 8:30 am and 10:30 am. (You are not committed to the time you specified as your preference.)
- Altered seating arrangement: For each service, only every other pew will be available and they will be marked accordingly. The available pews will also be alternated between the two services. Please appropriately distance yourselves.
- Altered Communion/Contribution methods: To prevent the necessity of passing communion and contribution trays from one person to another, communion sets will be available in the foyer as you come in. Contributions may be left in collection plates in the foyer as you exit.
- Sunday morning worship only in-person: For now, we plan to only have Sunday morning worship services in-person. We will resume Sunday morning Bible study, Sunday evening services and Wednesday evening Bible study once it is deemed safe. Devotionals will continue to be available on- line.
- Personal Protective Devices offered: Masks will be available in the foyer for anyone who wants one.
What can you do:
- Stay home if you are running a fever or experiencing any symptoms! Think of others and do not take the risk of spreading germs.
- Keep your distance. Avoid crowding.
- Find other ways to be friendly. Abstain from handshakes and hugs.
- Utilize one of the three doors for exiting the facility: Front doors, Fellowship wing doors, and Education wing doors.
- Please keep your children with you at all times.
Please note that these accommodations are being made, but they may not be suitable for everyone. If you are not comfortable being in this situation, or at an elevated health risk, please continue to utilize the online services. For those who choose this option, on May 24th we plan to live stream the 10:30 am service on Facebook. The 8:30 am service will be recorded and will be posted on YouTube on Sunday afternoon by approximately 3 pm.
Please watch the website, emails, and social media for any future announcements or changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact any of the Elders. Our numbers are listed on the website.
Again, we look forward to assembling again soon.
Continued Blessings, Mt. Pleasant Elders
Bible Lands 7B
Tom’s Monday Devo
Worship - May 10, 2020
Worship - May 3, 2020
In-Person Services - Response Needed
Dear Mt. Pleasant Family,
The Elders are looking forward to everyone being together to worship our mighty God again very soon. We realize that extra measures must be taken to keep everyone as safe as possible. The tentative date to resume in-person services is Sunday, May 24.
We realize things may be different, but we feel we can worship together while being safe. Initially, we will only be having Sunday morning services in-person. Devotionals and Wednesday night Bible study will continue to be presented on-line. The biggest difference is that we are considering having two Sunday morning services: one at 8:30 am and one at 10:30 am. This is a temporary solution to accomplish governmental requirements.
We need to hear from you. For this to be successful, we would like to hear of your intentions.
Please send us an email at email@example.com to let us know which of these services you would most likely attend and how many family members you expect to join you. This is not a concrete commitment that you must attend a particular service. It is merely a survey to help us make proper plans.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reply to this email with your intentions and any suggestions you may have. We value your opinions and will consider each one to make the best decisions on behalf of each one of you.
May God continue to bless you.
Mt. Pleasant Elders
Friday Devo with Tom
Bible Lands 6
Worship April 26, 2020
Friday Night Devo with Tom
Bible Lands 5
Bible Trivia Week #2
Worship April 19 2020
Friday Night Devo with Tom