In-person Service Guidelines
May 17, 2020
We are looking forward to safely assembling again! We will have in-person and on-line worship services beginning May 24, 2020. As the Elders of this congregation, we would like to implement guidelines to promote health and safety and ask for your support and cooperation.
What we are doing to help:
- Offering 2 services: To properly abide by state requirements regarding capacity limitations, we will be hosting two Sunday morning services: 8:30 am and 10:30 am. (You are not committed to the time you specified as your preference.)
- Altered seating arrangement: For each service, only every other pew will be available and they will be marked accordingly. The available pews will also be alternated between the two services. Please appropriately distance yourselves.
- Altered Communion/Contribution methods: To prevent the necessity of passing communion and contribution trays from one person to another, communion sets will be available in the foyer as you come in. Contributions may be left in collection plates in the foyer as you exit.
- Sunday morning worship only in-person: For now, we plan to only have Sunday morning worship services in-person. We will resume Sunday morning Bible study, Sunday evening services and Wednesday evening Bible study once it is deemed safe. Devotionals will continue to be available on- line.
- Personal Protective Devices offered: Masks will be available in the foyer for anyone who wants one.
What can you do:
- Stay home if you are running a fever or experiencing any symptoms! Think of others and do not take the risk of spreading germs.
- Keep your distance. Avoid crowding.
- Find other ways to be friendly. Abstain from handshakes and hugs.
- Utilize one of the three doors for exiting the facility: Front doors, Fellowship wing doors, and Education wing doors.
- Please keep your children with you at all times.
Please note that these accommodations are being made, but they may not be suitable for everyone. If you are not comfortable being in this situation, or at an elevated health risk, please continue to utilize the online services. For those who choose this option, on May 24th we plan to live stream the 10:30 am service on Facebook. The 8:30 am service will be recorded and will be posted on YouTube on Sunday afternoon by approximately 3 pm.
Please watch the website, emails, and social media for any future announcements or changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact any of the Elders. Our numbers are listed on the website.
Again, we look forward to assembling again soon.
Continued Blessings, Mt. Pleasant Elders